- seminars and trainings
- business meetings
- smaller audiences
- interpreting into one language only
- one interpreter
- sound equipment (microphones, etc.)
- CS, EN, FR, DE, ES, IT, RU, CN, PL, other languages on request
Most suitable for business meetings, workshops and seminars for small audiences. Consecutive interpreting takes extra time (the interpreter and speaker take turns talking), so please keep in mind that everything will take longer. While the speaker is talking, the interpreter takes notes to aid in rendering the message in the target language smoothly and accurately. Consecutive interpreting is a more cost effective option, as it does not require special equipment or more than one interpreter.
Consecutive interpreting appears less expensive at first glance, but how much is your participants’ time worth? With simultaneous interpreting you can say more in the allotted time. Everyone hears what the speaker is saying in real time, and you can often forget about the language difference entirely.
'Ms. Flanderová provided consecutive interpreting for our company from English to Czech at a physiotherapy workshop. She did an absolutely fantastic job during the eight-hour event and her performance was highly appreciated by the participants, including a native English speaker. I appreciated her professional approach in preparation (our event involved highly specialized medical terminology) and at the workshop itself.'
What to expect:
- 1First you email us about your event – the type of event (conference, training, business meeting), topic, languages involved, and the date, length and location of the event.
- 2We talk to you about the most appropriate form of interpreting for your event, how many interpreters you will need and what kind of equipment you would like us to provide (booths, microphones, etc.).
- 3We send you a quote for the type of interpreting you requested (or more than one price option if you have not decided what type of interpreting you would like).
- 4Once you approve the price and conditions, your purchase order is binding.
- 5If your order includes providing equipment: About a week or two before the big day, we meet to view the location where the event will take place. We check to make sure the equipment you have ordered is compatible (whether the projector/microphone connectors work, whether the room has enough space for booths with a line of sight to the speaker, etc.) and agree on what we will need when setting up. Equipment setup (booth, etc.) usually takes place the day before the event.
- 6You send us “materials” (see below), ideally no later than a week before the event begins.
- 7A few days before the event we agree on what time the interpreters should arrive and who they should contact once they arrive.
- 8On the day of the event we interpret to the best of our ability, and before we go home we check in with you to make sure you were satisfied with our services. We are always grateful for any feedback.
What do we need from you?
In order to interpret effectively, we need to understand the subject matter. Skilled interpreters always make sure to study as much relevant information as possible on the subject matter. When we show up to interpret your event, you can be sure we will have done thorough prep work beforehand.
Interpreters need “materials” in order to prepare. What does this mean exactly?
- Basic information about the event: date, time, location, topic (title), link to the event website, languages to be spoken
- Information about the speakers – their names, bios, synopsis of their presentation
- Program – including names of speakers and presentations
- Other materials – presentations, list of participants, supplementary materials (syllabus for participants, speaker’s notes, glossaries, etc.)
- Additional “context” – any related events or circumstances, the purpose of the event, intended audience
We guarantee absolute discretion.
The materials are for our reference only.
Do I need my own conference equipment?
How many interpreters will I need?
How much does interpreting cost?
Are you interested in consecutive interpreting?
Or do you just want to ask us something?
Your personal data will be used only for the purposes of processing your order.